For over 70 years, our lock-up packages have been used to build custom, pre-fabricated homes and buildings. We take care of the design, structural engineering and energy efficiency modelling then we custom manufacture for your client’s unique project. You provide foundation, assembly, mechanics and finishing for a full turn-key project.
As The Original manufacturer of machine-profiled Western Red Cedar log structures, we are confident you will find our homes and buildings of today live up to Pan-Abode’s legacy of enduring quality and distinction.
Manufactured entirely in Canada, Pan-Abode’s standard home packages contain all materials needed to reach the “lock up” stage of construction – including the floor system, walls, doors, windows, ceiling, trim and roof (please contact us for a complete list of detailed package contents). Most importantly, this includes our signature 4″ x 6″ Western Red Cedar timbers featuring a double tongue and groove milled profile for all exterior and interior log walls. These logs are made from a select grade of hand-picked Cedar which prevents checking, cracking, warping, or twisting in the walls of the Pan-Abode. By using these premium Cedar logs in our time-tested building system, Pan-Abode continues to manufacture exceptional homes and other buildings of the highest quality that will last for generations.
Our standard models include a cross-section of both classic and contemporary designs and rancher, loft and 2-storey layouts. We also do commercial structures such as golf clubs and yoga retreats to restaurants and welcome centres. Or we’d be pleased to work on a custom design.
When people think “Pan-Abode”, our vaulted open beam cedar ceilings with solid western red cedar walls usually comes to mind. We also offer a truss roof building system that utilizes framed interior walls that can be optionally drywalled. This later option can provide some material cost savings though labour time will be higher.
Our customer’s seeking a turn-key solution, would turn to a builder for the extras, here’s a checklist:
- Customers either apply directly for required permits or oftentimes this is part of the service they contract from their builder
- Pan-Abode provides floor plan(s), elevations, cross-sections, foundation plan, stamped structural engineering drawings, and energy efficiency assessment – these are often required for the permit application
- We can design the Pan-Abode to sit atop almost any type of foundation. We just need to know the type and our structural engineer may require geotechnical information depending on build location
- Cost of construction
- Labour time will be less for a Pan-Abode compared to a similar framed construction home.
- There is a sealant protocol between the logs (gasket and caulking) which is critical to the Pan-Abode warranty.
- Plumbing, electrical, natural gas/propane, solar panels, etc.
- Plumbing and electrical fixtures
- Heating system (furnace, wood stove, electric baseboards, etc.)
- Service hot water (tank, on-demand, solar, etc.)
- Finished flooring, cabinets, countertops
- Drywall (where applicable) or alternatively log profile matching siding can be purchased from Pan-Abode
- Pan-Abode logs come pre-sanded but not pre-stained
- We can assist the customer in stain colour choices and can include in the shipment from us
- Shipping is FOB our plant in Surrey, BC, Canada. We can work with you on remote delivery including barges, helicopters, and other small load situations (our building system works especially well with remote builds!)
Support in constructing is provided through a couple different methods.
- A Construction Manual is included with each home package – both electronic and a printed hardcopy. Email us a request if you’d like to receive this in advance.
- How-to Videos are available online and in CD format
- And for those looking for some additional support, we have experienced building specialists who can come to the build site and assist with the set-up and log stacking portion of the build. Typically once they assist you with the first build, your team is well trained for subsequent Pan-Abode builds.